Monday, July 28, 2008

Driving in Cyprus

Well where do I start, I went to Thailand last year on short holiday and when getting into a taxi there I thought that my life was over, here it comes the pearly gates but after a day or two of moving round the island I began to see a pattern of organised chaos. The drivers all had the same polite crazy driving skills but not fast or reckless just chaotic.

This brings me to the driving in Cyprus, we went out last night for a meal and there was what looked like, all the bikers on the island going to meet for some thing, which is fine but the way they ride with no regard for other peoples safety, driving hopelessly to fast and almost causing several accident in the process. Let’s face it if they want to kill themselves that’s fine I couldn’t care less, but they do not consider that in the process they could kill innocent people, just shows there lack of common sense and there disregard for the safety of human life. And to top it all off not a policeman in sight, well I suppose it was Sunday night.

A few weeks ago I was taking a friend to the airport, I driving behind five other vehicles, in the front of the line was a pick up truck that had indicated to turn right, that’s why myself and the other vehicles did not attempt to over take, but along side me came a taxi driver flying past me on my right, bearing in mind this is a narrow road with only one lane for each direction of traffic, he must have thought he had a f1 McLaren and not just a normal Mercedes and of coarse he took out the pick up as he was turning right what a div he should have stayed on his donkey, as I drove past his main concern was he car he cursing that he had damaged his car and did not even pay any attention to the innocent older couple in the pick up just typical. I have seen so many accidents that taxi drivers have caused and did not care about the people they have injured and have had more concern for there cars.

For my conclusion when you come to Cyprus for your holiday you will have to make your own decision.

No comments: